There are many models of women’s boxing gloves at the market, and among many possibilities, it is not always easy to buy the right option. To help you with this, we have prepared a selection of the best proposals we have found.
Before you buy boxing gloves..
The most important thing in boxing gloves is that they protect your hands from bumps, cuts, and scratches. But as they are large and bulky, you have to look for ones that allow you to perform the activities in a comfortable way. Both in the warm-up, as in the competition.
You should also consider the type of activity you are going to do. Boxing is not the same as kickboxing.
Bandage the hand before boxing
First of all, you must take into account the bandage that you put on your hand before wearing boxing gloves. The bandages will give you the necessary support you need on the wrist. And they also help you protect your knuckles.
These are the different types of bandages in boxing:
- They are the easiest to place. They usually fit with hook-and-loop fastener.
- They exist in a wide variety of colors and designs. They tend to be low priced and reusable as well as washable.
- Its disadvantage lies in the fact that they become loose with use.
- You can use them for training.
Chiffon and tape bandage
- It is the lightest and most protective option. This bandage is perfect for fighting friction.
- It is the most common type of protection in the world of boxing, especially for competition. They are single-use, so they are not recommended for frequent training.
- The bad thing is that they are not reusable and you need assistance to put them.
- The best thing is that it applies very easily. You put the gel on the knuckles and voila.
- It has the disadvantage that it doesn’t cover your fingers, and it has little wrist support.
- It can also slide and are more expensive than cotton bandages.
- It is ideal for a low profile workout.
Bandages of elastic fibers
- It is the most comfortable option and the one that best fits the hand.
- You will get complete protection for the ligaments of the wrist, and for the joints.
- Their useful life is shorter than those of cotton, but they are a good option for training.
Differences between gloves with and without fingers
You have to look for the glove that best suits the type of activity you are going to do. If you are going to train with the sparring, combat, competition, then you have to look for a glove that protects your fingers.
Fingerless gloves are designed for mixed martial arts (MMA), or if you are going to perform a low-performance workout. In this case, the fingers are discovered without protection in the blows. But you have more freedom and you can grab the opponent. Therefore, MMA fights are with fingerless gloves.
Women’s Boxing Gloves Review 2020
RDX Boxing Gloves for Training & Muay Thai
The manufacturing material is sturdy Maya skin that offers improved durability against wear. It also has a gel balance sheet, Shell Shock type, with a triple padded system that allows you to withstand and absorb the shock of any level. The closure is of Quick-Ez type, with hook, loop and elastic closure system, allowing to protect the smaller wrists.
Its personalized design allows supporting the female anatomy, besides being a practical resource to improve the striking technique. It integrates a palm design with mesh that eliminates moisture, keeping hands dry and healthy.
The combination of materials that the brand has decided to integrate into this model makes the glove indestructible, which can be used continuously without any deterioration that spoils it to a minimum.
- High-quality Maya Hide PU-leather
- Good wrist support, solid
- A balance sheet with triple padding: Support and absorb shocks of any level.
- Quick-EZ closure: Elastic closure to hold the wrists.
- Elite S.P.P ventilation technology to decrease sweat and prevent bad odor.
- The size should be larger than it is.
- Gloves are not too heavily padded, most people find this a big pro and find it just right, but some find it a con when using them for a heavy bag.
Venum Elite Boxing gloves
For women who are tired of all the pink in women’s gloves, there are the Venum boxing gloves. These come in a variety of colors, and none of them are pink.
The gloves are made out of premium, Skintex leather! The boxing gloves are being handmade in Thailand. They have a large, Velcro exclosure and a 100% full attached thumb.
This product is ideal for striking training (bag work, mitt work, fitness boxing) Suitable for beginner to advanced users.
- Premium Skintex leather (PU-leather)
- Strengthened outer seams
- Triple density foam
- Nice design
- Suitable for beginner to advanced users
- Suitable for training, bag work, mitt work, fitness boxing
- The outer material is very HQ but the lining of the gloves seems a bit more fragile
Everlast Pro Style Boxing gloves for Women
Everlast also offers us its boxing gloves model for women (among many others that we can find in the brand catalog). The color in which they are presented is pink, with the logo of the brand exposed on the sides.
The size can be chosen between 8 oz and 10 oz. You will have to look closely at the size you are ordering. Even so, some users say there are some equivalence problems when selecting them.
The quality/price ratio of these boxing gloves really pays off. Each user will take home a model that has been gradually emerging, taking into account as little detail as possible, but at the same time having such high quality that it will be worthwhile.
Everlast is a brand that stands out in the sports field, incorporating very varied items in its catalog, adapting to what the user is looking for in any type of sport. It is worth taking a look at what it brings.
- Variety of sizes: Available to choose between size 8 oz or 10 oz.
- Aesthetics: Presented in a very elegant pink color.
- High-quality synthetic leather
- Tumb-lock feature
- Mesh hand palm
- Wrap around velcro strap
- Very suitable for beginners
- 120-days warranty
- Strong smell, you might want to air them out first
- Wrist support could be better
Sanabul Essential Boxing Kickboxing Gloves
Sanabul is a very well known brand for fighting and boxing gear. “Tested by pros, created for you” is their slogan. The gloves are made will gel-infused foam and a mesh palm lining.
The color range includes bright, vivid variations and also an all-black variation. The Essential Gel Gloves come in sizes that range from 8 oz to 16 oz. The wrist support is excellent. These gloves are a good value for their price.
The black and pink variant is designed especially for women’s hands, but the other colors are also available in a smaller size that will fit well.
- Gel-infused foam to protect your knuckles
- Mesh palm lining
- Pink ones are specially designed for women’s hands, but other colors will also fit well.
- Suitable for practice sparring, bag work
- Palms don’t contain padding, so keep that in mind if you want to buy them for kickboxing/Muay Thai.
- Strong smell, you might want to let them air for a while. Tip: air them out after each use, and wipe them down when you can.
RDX Women Boxing Gloves for Training & Muay Thai – Flora Skin
The following model of women’s boxing gloves has been designed with a strong Flora Skin exterior, which will last much longer. They are gloves that have double seams, which will prevent the seams from splitting and tearing if they are used consistently.
They are presented with strategically placed perforations to absorb sweat and to keep the palms ventilated while remaining dry at the same time. The palm of the gloves is presented with a suede cut that will allow you to feel a soft contact. The nylon tubing in the sleeve prevents friction at this point of contact, for comfortable and durable use at the same time.
It has a hook and loop strap that will provide an additional secure grip, as well as being easy to put on and take off for that reason.
- Strong and durable flora skin construction (printed, not embroidered)
- Suède palm material
- Double-stitched lining and nylon piping
- Perforation system that absorbs sweat well
- Gel filling: Practical gel system that absorbs impacts
- Specially designed for woman’s hands
- Tumb support
- Some problems in relation to the sizes to choose from.
StarPro Boxing gloves for Women
And we finish with these boxing gloves for women StarPro brand. They can be chosen in pink or black, without any price difference. The size is available between 6 oz and 8 oz.
The material that StrarPro has used to shape this product is of high quality. It is synthetic leather of great durability and performance, being easy to clean and maintain. It is designed to adapt to any type of sport, such as MMA, kickboxing, boxing, muay Thai, etc.
It allows achieving optimal support and protection, giving optimum stability to the wrist, and making it much easier to place. Its multi-density foam allows shock absorption to be optimal, providing optimal protection for you and your partner.
- High-quality synthetic leather (PU-leather)
- Breathable mesh
- Adaptation: It adapts to different types of boxing, kickboxing, MMA …
- Very affordable, best choice under $ 20,-
- A great choice for beginners or people who want to try out boxing
- Gloves could be small for your hand. You should pick your size carefully.
- Wrist support could be better.
Choosing the perfect gloves is very important. If you are not comfortable with them, you will not fight in the same way, and you can end a defeat. In combat, it is key to have maximum confidence in your fists.
And even if you are not competing. During training, you can have a significant injury to the wrist or knuckles if the glove does not fit your hand. You still haven’t chosen any model of women’s boxing gloves? We want to propose that you take a look at this buying guide, as it will help you make the right decision.
The first point that you should weigh is the materials. You need to take a look at some materials that assure you an optimal resistance to the passage of time, and that really holds the rhythm that you are going to give them.
Weight should also be considered: It is important that gloves should be as light as possible, that does not restrict your movements.
The filling should be fluffy and prepared to absorb the bumps. If the filling of your gloves will be low quality, you would do enough damage each time you used it.
The closure system, as if it is a hook-and-loop fastener or any other way, must also be taken into account.
In addition, choose a model that encourages perspiration, which prevents the concentration of sweat inside.
Keep these tips in mind and it will be easy for you to choose good boxing gloves for women.